Monday, June 4, 2012

Easy Dessert: Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches


Need a dessert for company? (Or, let's just be honest... need a dessert for your Friday night alone?) Don't feel like cooking? Still want something awesome? Would rather not break your calorie bank?

I've covered all those bases.

Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches
Approximately 260 calories each!
  • Plain Entenmann's donuts (if you choose sugared or frosted, calories go up)
  • Any flavor ice cream, slightly softened (I chose chocolate)
  • Chocolate chips (or white, or peanut butter, or whatever)
Slice donuts in half. Scoop about 1/4 cup ice cream onto half of the donuts; top with other half. Smooth ice cream edges with spoon. Freeze sandwiches for 30 minutes. Put chocolate chips in a freezer storage bag, and microwave on high in intervals of 30 seconds, until you can squish and melt the chips with your hands. Remove sandwiches from freezer and drizzle melted chips on top. Refreeze for at least 1 hour before eating; less time will result in a still delicious, but melty sandwich. (If you have a particularly cold freezer, allow to sit on the counter for 5 minutes or so before eating.)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Crystal,

    Sorry to comment here like this, but I can't locate contact information for you on your site -- so I am hoping you see this message.

    I am putting together a feature for iVillage.com on creative ice cream sandwich recipes. When I saw your Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe, I thought it would be perfect for this. I'd love to include it in the post (as a photo and link to your recipe). Would that be okay? Please let me know by EOD tomorrow (Tuesday 7/23) - you can email me at sarah@sarahcaron.com. Thanks! Hope all is well!

    Thanks!

    Best,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete